Blog Archive

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Single Card Reading 30 May 2015--The Emperor (reverse)

I apologize for the long wait! It took me seven days to do my next card reading (my goodness what a week!), and while this is not necessarily attentive, it did allow for in-depth reflection on my last card reading to a very detailed extent. After discussing my dilemma with the wisest woman in my life (my mother), she indeed gave me some very constructive advice, that being I'm leaving, so why worry about it?

True to the card's meaning, I had a detailed discussion of moving on, in an emotional sense as well as in a physical sense. I am off to Virginia pretty soon, and being on opposite sides of the United States makes for a significant chasm for the relationship in question, and I am sure to move on completely, abandoning all negative feelings I have remaining. I only have joy in my heart for future relationships and people to meet.

And with that charming resolution, its time to introduce our new card for the short remainder of the day--The Emperor (drawn reverse).

The Emperor is a major arcana card with the iconic figure being a crimson-clad man with a white beard (in no way does he appear to be weak in terms of being elderly). He sits at a stone throne, with ram heads adorning the arms and top (rams were representations of the war god Ares). He is also clad in Armor, indicating that he earned his station by means of aggression and hard-won battle. The sky is a deep orange, and he sits with mountains to his rear, indicating the dramatic concept of conflict. This card is, in its entirety, an expression of masculinity. There is, as a result, nothing soft or feminine about this card. The man on the throne holds both an ankh (egyptian symbol for life) and an orb (a representation of the world), giving him power over everything on the worldly planet.

The Emperor is a god, quietly intimidating the viewer with his intensity and overwhelming power.

And drawn reverse usually means there is a conflict brewing between him and you.

The Emperor is a representation of a masculine and domineering individual or force in your life that functions in an aggressive manner. If its a person, they doesn't necessarily have to be male, and can take the form of a dominate female partner or daughter, or a strict female boss. Also consider an organization or situation being overbearingly dominant in your life, such as a divorce, lawsuit, or school. The Emperor can also manifest himself in a task, such as grocery shopping or daily chores. Regardless of what it is in your life, he challenges you to face it in a similar fashion--arm yourself with his determination and strength of purpose, and nothing can cause you to falter or feel overpowered.

Personally, The Emperor is pointing at me and condemning my apathy and lack of confidence. Lately I have been having some awkward run-ins with my boss, and this has been making my life more difficult as a result. I find myself stumbling over my words and looking down when I should be clearly spoken and looking them in the eye. The force in question that overpowers me is the power of authority, and the respect required as a result.

I need to be more confident in my approach and more resolute in my purpose as a worker in my job. If I were to be like The Emperor, I could surpass my problems with flair.

Because in reality, I am just as powerful as my boss, and just as entitled to respect and strength. If you feel like you are in a pit of bullying and subversion, pull yourself out! The Emperor is a constant reminder of the intimidating rulers that lie within each of us, regardless of how little you may realize it. We all have a domineering force that lies within, and its up to us to seize it and conquer our challenges as necessary. You need to take a break from what you are doing and give yourself a pep talk--you have everything you need to do what you want to do in life, it all lies within. But you need to be determined enough to reach down and grab it.

How do you feel The Emperor is asking you to respond to life?

No comments:

Post a Comment