Blog Archive

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Single Card Reading 06 June 2015--Queen of Pentacles (reversed)

Greetings and happy Saturday to everyone! I know its been a few days since my last post, I have to apologize on behalf of my school work keeping me preoccupied. After I have finally gotten a full night's sleep in two days and have eaten an actual meal, I think I'm ready to blog once more!

This morning I drew the card from my tarot deck and didn't bother to check the meaning of it before starting my day (that was a mistake). After my day has almost ended I have finally gotten to my work of translating what the card was referring to, and I find it interesting how this card has characterized my day.

The Queen of Pentacles is a modest young woman who holds a single pentacle in her hands, while she looks down into the vast space before her, almost as if she is considering the large space in front of her before she rises to enter it. Her throne is decorated with trees, goats, and fruit; everything in this image is a pointed gesture towards material wealth and posterity. A rabbit, a symbol of fertility and birth, leaps out from the bottom right corner of the image to hint at the coming of new life and the grace of fertility.

While the Queen of Pentacles can mean health and fertility, and financial success and wellness, reversed she means something more negative. When the Queen of Pentacles comes up in a reading reverse, she is warning you away from too much work, as it can come in between you and your family--you might have stayed all week at your job, neglecting the family left at home. Nothing can replace a person's loving care and support in life, not even extravagant amounts of money.

She can also be a sign that you have been worried or consumed in thought by the future in terms of financial responsibility or individuality. You have been tied in thoughts about a business you might want to own, what job should you be preparing for, or even how do you go about making money without financial support from a parent or guardian? But because the Queen is such a mother figure, she also nods her head towards your family; will all this financial stress come in between you and them? Sometimes choices are hard in life, but must be made in order to preserve the ability to have access to one or the other.

She also might be a sign that a person is being too overprotective and sensitive, like a mother. This can become suffocating, almost redundantly irritating enough to pull hair out. Doing this can be beneficial, just as long as it does not step on the toes of someone's pride, which would be the tragic mistake this card is referring to. If you find yourself being too friendly or soft (even if it is someone with a dire illness), you might be doing more harm than good. Tough love is something that can go further and make more of an impact than soft and mushy love.

I find myself coming in contact with this card with something that happened today. I was in the car with my little sister and mother, and piped that I wanted to get a graduate/master's degree in Sexual Health. That was met with high skepticism and sarcastic remarks from both of them, which pissed me off and made me withdraw my opinion from the conversation (as most Virgos would do if their plan was shot down in similar fashion). But all they wanted to do was give me the opportunity to think more about what I was doing in a fiscal manner; would the job make any money if I got a degree in Sexual Health?

Of course, I am no fool. I can see the argument they make clearly, but frankly I'm tired of planning for the future in terms of how much money will I have. I want to plan my future based on the quality of life I will have. I am sure there is a job market for something that I will be interested in, I just need to keep my mind open enough to recognize it when the opportunity comes around. If you all have any interesting job ideas out there, give me a shout on the blog! I'd love some help with some ideas!

Anyways, I hope you all have a happy Saturday, and learn from the Queen of Pentacles, as she reclines peacefully in her chair surrounded by cherubs and fruit trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment