Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Single Card Reading 2 June 2015--Five of Swords (reversed)

Good morning everyone!

Yesterday we had our reading on the Ten of Wands, and since this reading was so prevalent to me, I really feel that I have to document and share my experience. My life presently as a college student is characterized by two words--dead week. If any of my readers know anything about college in America, it just so happens that before every last week of school where students take their finals is the classic and predictable week of death. We study our brains out, high on caffeine and any other drugs we can get our hands on. Its a week of blood, sweat and tears for many of us (especially the procrastinators like me), and this year its all about the papers.

I have research papers and book reviews up to the nine, and all of them are due now. Lately I've wished that I could have more time, maybe if I had a twin I could control, if I had a way to slow things down and complete everything I wanted to, maybe I would be able to get by.

Of course, when I drew the card, there was a little voice telling me, "wow, I sure do feel like him right now." All those sticks he carried to the city I felt was comparable to all the papers I had still left to write. I understand this to mean I should use more care in organizing my time and working whenever I have the chance. With enough planning I am sure to pull through this unbearably difficult working period. If any of you out there feel anything like I do, I am sure you could identify with my little revelation--don't feel like you are the only one!

Moving on, the card I drew for today was the five of swords. I typically take issue with the wind cards, and tend to reject a lot of what they try to teach, or it takes me a while to understand it. Its understandable; as an earthy Virgo, anything about the wind simply irritates me. But the struggles we face and conflicts we have teaches us more about our character. I appreciate the opportunity to learn all that I can when it is presented to me.

Like said previously, swords are representative of the air (like pentacles are earth, wands are fire, and cups are water). Similar to the air, the aspects of energy they present are graceful, powerful and precise. The wind is also more likely to be devious, since it can change and alter its intensity at a moment's notice. In this card a young man with wild hair wearing an impish grin collects swords near a large body of water, either a lake or the beach. The wind is strongest at these locations, since the wind is responsible for making waves and other movements of water possible, so this card is rather powerful. The clouds in the sky are a stormy grey, and are offset to the horizon indicating a swift change (and possibly a turn for the worse). Two other figures stand closer to the background in what appears to be visages of defeat and despair. The young man and prime subject of the card holds three swords, and two lie at his feet. The young man keeps the swords as trophies, the two at his feet from the other two men in the background. He regards his losing competition with contempt and glee. This card is one that indicates a dynamic conflict won, but as the scenery suggests the results of the battle could have been more fair.

Drawn in the reverse, this card indicates that you have been in a conflict for some time now, and simply wish it to be over (kind of like my finals week). If only the conflict could end, would you then be able to begin constructive healing and improve your relationship, health, wellness or stress level. Conflict can consume a lot of energy and time better spent improving the self as opposed to simply fighting with others. This card indicates a realization of your present state, and your consideration of other options.

Your open-mindedness will do you some good, and will allow you to give complete consideration to all possibilities as you begin anew in your understanding. Maybe you have been in a relationship tiff and are seeking to end the struggle and possibly improve and expand your friendship to new people. You could have been in the midst of a sport competition where the sport itself was becoming too physically demanding and you now seek to explore some different activities, pursue hobbies or even experiment with different sports. Or the challenge you are facing is mental, and you have been tested and worked to your maximum and want a break and work your mind in a different manner. I know for me, I have been working at school and I am very ready to be done. I want to graduate and be finished with all that I have to do here. I wish to use my mind in a manner of learning and spiritual growth.

Do you have a conflict that has become exhausting? Cast it off in the name of forgiveness and move on; there are battles still left to be fought and challenges to be faced that can be new and exciting in many different ways. Take charge of the moment, be open-minded. Life is too short to be spent in conflict.

No comments:

Post a Comment